Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Then I was young and unafraid

When I was a senior in highschool, My young woman leaders had us wright a letter to ourselves to read in a year. I lost it.
Lately, I have been feeling super lost, I dont know what I want to do schooling wise, or career wise.
Im just not feeling like myself.
So I looked for my patriartichal blessing to read.( im not even gonna try to figure out how to spell that shish)
Upon looking for my patriartiichal blessing, I found the letter I wrote to myself almost 2 years ago.

Lets just say I was one smarrrrt 17 year old.



1/19/2011
Dear Me,
Man this is a big year for you. Graduating  Growin up. Right now Im listening to HSM2 while my young woman chatter in the background. I am so excited to see who you become. Things are gonna be crazy different by the end of this year, they better all be things you're proud of. I hope this summer is crazy memorable,make the most of it and do a lot of growing up. Please do whats best for you and not what may be best for others. Remember the person you want to be, and keep it in all you're decisions.

Its going to be nice to read this again, after the real tough decisions have been made. I really hope you find the courage to do what you know you need to. You can do it. Keep the good friends you have, and make lots of new ones.I hope you go out of your comfort zone and love it, and I hope you figure it all out.
Remember your standards and morals.Strengthen them. Dont be like all the other girls. Dont sell yourself short no matter how lonely you are  or how bad you want it to work. 
Strive to be a woman your family will be proud of,that people can look up to and depend on.
Have a lot of fun, enjoy the people around you,they are all very temporary. Appreciate them. Work to make others feel special. Always keep a level head. Be confident. 

Be who you want to be.

See ya in a year. 






I knew myself really well when I was 17.
I was scared to read this when I found it.



No comments:

Post a Comment