Monday, September 23, 2013

I aint in it for the minute, I pass up the gimmicks

Wanna hear a funny story?


I was working sale Saturday, and this guy came through my line, as guys often do.
He was probably about 26 (just where I like em) His face was OK, but I liked his style better
He was buying nothing but ties. We started talking about how we both only shop at goodwill and how much consumerism sucks. He informed me he works in retail too. When I asked him where he hesitantly replied "...fascinations..."


I slyly said "My major is sex education, you arent gonna weird me out"

We laughed a bit more and then I gave him his change and he scampered off out the doors.


About 8 minutes later I look up and he is in my line again.

I asked if something had been wrong with the previous transaction. He said "No I just decided I needed one more."


I honestly thought nothing of it as I scanned it and handed him his receipt.

He thanked me and then confidently said "Oh, and this is for you."
With that, he slid me a folded piece of paper, smiled and walked away.


I opened the paper to find his name, his number and a doodle of suspenders and ties.


I instantly thought two things.

1, "Boy number"
2. "He spend a-whole-nother dollar just to give me his number"


I slide it in my back pocket and proceed to tell all of my fellow cashiers and my manager who doesn't believe I have game.


It was some excitement amid my 9 hour shift.


I think nothing of this number.
I have enough on my plate, and I really have no interest in any more friendships that aim to lead to relationships than I already have. So I go about the next day completely normal. Run some errands, do some laundry, catch up on homework.


Tonight I come home and tell Nathan the story.
He asks "So, have you text him!?!?!"


"Heck no, I dont need anymore men in my life!"

"You have to message him, it doesn't get anymore movie than this"

"Rape is real." I said as I shoveled bean dip into my mouth.

Eventually I decided I would text this guy.
So I go into my room looking for my work pants. Im looking for then in their usual spot (aka the floor) I cant find them until suddenly I remember they are in a new pile.


My freshly washed clothes.


"No way." I think to myself.


I check the pockets.


No where to be found.




And Nathan said it couldn't get any more like a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment