Thursday, October 3, 2013

People say a lot of things-make you feel real small.

Let me tell you why I think I need to start going to therapy.


Because I want to cut my hair.



I'm not talking a trim. I'm talking ... like... this





or like...




When a girl goes through a bad break up, she cuts her bangs.

They normally look like this.



Which is good. Its like natures way of keeping you from rebounding, because no man will touch you.

Girls get break up bangs because they are sad, defiant and want change. 
But they always just regret it afterwards.
And while I haven't had a bad break up recently , there is very little stopping me from chopping off all my hair right now.

And that doesn't worry me because of the prospect of being hideous. It worries me because something is causing me to be sad,defiant and to want change.



Every once and a while I hit this wall where a big cut enters my mind. I have a whole slew of reasons I recite and the urge is gone

Slew of reasons:
  • short hair takes a lot of upkeep, and you wont keep up Britanee.
  • you'd have to wear make up to remind people you like that you were born a girl. And you hate make up.
  • the feminist jokes would be relentless. 
  • when your hair is dirty you throw it in a bun, but with short hair, you'd have to start washing your hair.
  • you like boys. 
  • people would think you cut your hair because of Miley Cyrus. 
  • You don't really have edgy enough clothes to pull it off.
  • you have commitment issues and it would take 3 years for your hair to grow back out.

That's about it.

Normally these work, but not this time around.


Which is why I think there is something I'm clearly not addressing in my Psyche.





No comments:

Post a Comment