Tuesday, July 16, 2013

She's richer than Croesus, she's tougher than leather

Sunday,while waiting for my  improv show to begin I was chatting with my little sister, I looked over and saw this hooligan laser pointing the stage.

This is a boy I have been inclined to dislike for no particular reason other than he makes ignorant jokes about woman, and attends the show with a girl who also makes ignorant jokes about woman.

I also just dislike her because all of the male troupe members think shes attractive.
(Every once and a while I think and act like a girl. I know, I hate it.)



So i go over to him and jokingly say "Im sorry, Im gonna have to confiscate that as we do not allow laser pointers during our shows"

He couldnt tell if I was joking or not, and niether could his friends and to be honest, niether could I.

He started being a little butt face and so I said " look, just make sure you dont use it durring the show"

He implied "What are you gonna do about it"



My two  6 foot something 200 pound something brothers were BOTH at the show, and my brother Andrew (the tough one) was right behind this boy. I said "Do we have a problem? Andrew, we might have a problem"

Still pretty much joking...

As I said this the entire bar got quiet, thinking we were genuinly fighting. We werent, but I did want this kid to shut up....

I expected Andrew to stand up, the boy would get scared, and everyone would laugh and it would be over.

But Andrew Just sits there smiling.
The brother who said he will knock out any boy for me just sits there and smiles and blinks.


I looked back at the punk kid and said "i want to hear you say 'No Manm, we dont have a problem"


He looks at me.
and says "i could call you by your name, and say "Yes Bitch, we do have a problem"


I instantly went from any shred of joking to full on serious

"Now we have a problem"


I do not stand for men calling me a bitch.
Even jokingly.
I have had boyfriends who say it as a complete joke and I have to stop them and tell them I wont tolerate it, even as a joke


If a girl calls me a bitch tho, I really dont care.


So this stranger calls me a bitch in a bar.

With my 2 giant brothers right behind him.


And what do you think happens.

Andrew looks around.
And Taylor walks past me like hes never met me before.


At this point we are both aware the entire bar is listening to us.
The boy stands up and says "Look, I dont know if you are trying to scare me, but Im a full grown man and Im not gonna let some woman tell me what to do"

I said "When you reach 5"8 , then we'll talk" and I walked away.



What I learned from that night is that I cant depend on my brothers to protect me.


But on the bright side, I know they wont inflict any harm on future boys I bring home.






All I know is Nathan would have handled it.








No comments:

Post a Comment