Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Id be safe and warm, if I was in LA

Michal and I spontaneously rescheduled our  Cali trip to Monday night. I had work till 11pm,so we left town around 1 am and drove all night.

The decision to make the trip  was made late sunday night,so we didnt have much time to prepare.I had been talking about how when we did go to cali,I was gonna make a California  theme CD,which I did. However, I only made the CD with like 21 songs on it. We literally listened to it 7 times in a row. It was quite a Ted and Marshall Moment.

We got in around 6 am so we hit rush hour, which is pretty horrid. I dont know how anyone lives here. I would literally jump out of the passenger door if that was my everyday routine.

We honestly wanted to turn around and go home,we were so discouraged.
That part wasnt so fun.
Then we went to the dutch consolute which was relatively painless but still an experience.
While on the elevator Down to the parking Garage,Michal let out a massive fart, which is actually totally normal for us, the second after she does the doors open and a man gets on. We just look at each other and haul out of the elevator.


Then we went to Santa  Monica Pier  and ran into the ocean.

I was giggling and squealing in the water,and loved it so much I decided to grab a hand full of sand from under my feet.I look down into my hand and there are the most disgusting bugs I have ever seen all up on my hands.

BARRRRRRRFFFFF.

It was like a crab,  silver fish and a rollie pollie and a fat ugly baby.


Michal called them "Sand Crabs"

She reassures me they are at every beach.

Looks like Im never goin in the ocean ever again.


Finally,we hit the hotel around 3 and slept for the first time in 26 hours.


We seriously considered staying asleep for the night, but reasoned we didnt drive all this way to sleep in a tiny room.  


So, we decided to go out on the town, but we didnt really know where to go.


So I typed in "Hipsters towns in LA" into google

It lead me to a huge forum about hipster spots in LA (which transformed into a State wide debate about what it is to be a hipster)
But! We decided on Echo Park, which indeed was  a hipster town. Complete with vinyl shops, thrift stores, life music and a vegan restaurant ,which we enjoyed dinner at.

Michal got a thai baby coconut to drink.

 It was precious

Also we made a friend who is a musical producer slash clothing line owner slash boss slash sorta obscene

The waiter explained to him that there was corn in the milkshake (yeah, i know, grody) and our new friend says "Corn is for pigs...and Indians"


After a really awkward uncomfortable 5 seconds the waiter says "Not to say they are at all related..."



Thanks you Travis the hippie server at the vegan restaurant.  



It was a pretty solid day 1.


No comments:

Post a Comment