Friday, March 15, 2013

Ive been sleeping here instead

So. For spring break I went up and visited my sister and her family in Portland for a weekend trip.

I got on the plane like I always do, sat down and through the space between the seats in front of me peeks this tiny little chubby blonde.


I smile big at her, she giggles and scoots back where I cant see her.

The flight ends up getting delayed and so as mechanics fix our plane (which - side note- is the worst possible reason for a plane to be delayed, because then Im scared the engine will break in the sky) we have time to kill.
After many minutes of peek a boo, she finally pops up over her seat and pipes "WHATS YOUR NAME?"

"Britanee. Whats your name?"


"mmmmannmmy"

"Sorry?"


"MADY!" she replies excitedly


I tell her its nice to meet her and she replies with "Whats her name?" Pointing to the middle aged woman sitting next to me.

The lady next to me responds "Christa. But you can call me Chris"


Mady then turns her attention to me.

"How many pounds?"

"Im sorry?"

"How many pounds?"

"You mean how much do I weight?"

Mady nods excitedly.


"I weight 150 pounds."


This seemed to suffice for Mady and she then turned her attention to Chris "HOW MANY POUNDS?"

Chris smiled and answered "ohhhh 126 , last time I checked"


"How much do you weight, Mady?" I asked

"I dunno" She replied.


I asked her How old she was .

She replied with 4 little fingers held up at me.

Her dad (whom I had reassured I was not bothered by her consistent questions, in fact I was encouraging them) prodded her to tell me her birthday


She replied "SEPTEMBER 11TH!"



"What a great day for a birthday" I responded slyly.


"Yeah, its kinda sad" Mady responded

"No, no. Its your birthday and so for you it is happy."

I have some really funny material for birthdays on September 11th, but Im saving that or my stand up.


Then I asked her what she wanted to be when she grows up

"A MOMMY!"


"Thats a good thing to be" I told her.

"ARE YOU A MOMMY?" she asked me

"No I am not"

She nodded and her follow up question happened to be "DO YOU HAVE A BABY IN YOUR BELLY!"

"No I sure dont."

"DO YOU WANT A BABY IN YOUR BELLY


"No manm"

"ARE YOU SURE YOU DONT HAVE A BABY IN YOUR BELLY?"

"Unless you know something I dont know, Im pretty sure Mady."


She was not satisfied with my string of answers, but I was.

Mady went on to ask me many other questions, such as my foots name, Chris's foots name etc.

She also asked me to hold her hand. And I did.

Cuz i freakin loved her!

Throughout the flight she would turn around and say "Are you ok, friend?"

She was too precious.

I saw her with her parents in the terminal as I was walking towards my car, and I was actually oddly sad Id never see her again.

I got a thing for the funny ones man.

My kid better be funny or I wont love it.






1 comment:

  1. Stand up is for you girl! And yes, your kids will be funnier than you and it will stink because when they are in trouble they will say something funny and you won't be able to carry through on your discipline because you will have to go to the bathroom to laugh where they can't see you so they don't realize what a great advantage they have over you...just sayin'

    ReplyDelete