Monday, August 19, 2013

When nothing else fits, pick up the pieces and move on

So, I only blog while listening to music.
I am currently in the MCC library on my hour break between classes. Im....working very hard not to sing or dance.


Im failing.


Im also laughing at my own jokes...
So.


The first day of school always terrifies me. I have no idea why. Especially now that Taylor isnt here.
I walked into the hallway of my first class and it was such a movie moment of everyone looking me up and down.

Curse you midriff revealing shirt....



Also, I cant wait till people start dropping out so I can find a damn parking spot.

Here are my classes:

Introduction to Sociology
The systematic study of social behavior and human groups, particularly the influence of culture, socialization, social structure, stratification, social institutions, differentiation by region, race, ethnicity, sex/gender, age, class, and socio/cultural change upon people's attitudes and behaviors

Philosophy of Sexuality
Philosophical examination of sexuality in human life. Historical and critical survey of philosophical and theological views. Comparison and evaluation of contemporary theories about the nature of sexual desire and sexual acts. Implications of theories for contemporary moral problems.
Human Sexuality
Examination of the physical, social, cultural, and institutional contributions to human sexuality. Examination of facts and myths, literature, and changing mores regarding human sexuality to acquire knowledge about cultural and social events and processes. Explores the sexuality of males and females in contemporary society.
Prerequisites: Student must be 18 years or older.

Gender and Society
A sociological analysis of the way culture shapes and defines the positions and roles of both men and women in society. Major emphasis on social conditions which may lead to a broadening of gender roles and a reduction of gender role stereotypes and the implications of these changes. 


ARENT THOSE CLASSES SO ME?




Im so excited.

And petrified of failure.

Im juggling a crazy school work and social schedule.

Im very conscious of not over committing myself....and Im pretty close to doing so.

My sociology class requires 20 hours of service learning.
Lord be with me.
Like imma start that THIS WEEK.


I never even did a summer recap blog. 
 I wanted to write this lovely blog about how much I grew as a human and the struggle yada yada

Girl, I aint got the time.

Summer Recap:There was lots of pointless drama and I was very busy and I had lots of fun and was vigilant of self growth.

There. Saved us all a good 7 minutes of reading.

Awww, I had some good stories to tell tho......



Free time is a thing of the past.

Im gonna hafta time manage the hell out of this semester.
SO much packing my lunch.
I start school at 9 am till 3pm and then go straight to work till 9:30
I ASKED FOR THIS LIFE. 
I wish we still used shells.




Whats with all thees do-rags in this place?

Oh, I spotted someone just like me.

GET IT BOY. GET IT HEADPHONE BOY.


Look at him giggle.

We dancin.


I love the first day of school.Everyone dresses like they arent trying too hard. All the classes are dead silent and the teachers always say "...you all are so quiet". There is always the one REALLLLY old person who talks too much and the teacher has to awkwardly cut them off to move along.Everyone clings to their phone because that is where there friends live.




I havent started my sexy classes yet. Im sure people wont be shy in those classes. 






In case you cant tell, I have been watching SO MUCH BLACK TELEVISION.


Love and Hip-Hop Atlanta.

Yes mannnnmmm.



I only have science and math after this semester....


Math is probably the only thing in the entire world I fear I can not do.


Seriously I wake up and Im like....."ehhhhhhhhhh math....."


icandoiticandoiticandoit


I wish I would have worked harder in high school. I wish I wouldn't have wasted so much time my first 2 years in community college. I wish I had time managed better in the last year.
But in a year from now, I am determined to be proud of what I look back on.
Its really my only option.


I have to go to class now. Bye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment