Monday, August 19, 2013

When nothing else fits,pick up the pieces and move on PART 2

TODAY WAS SO AWESOME I HAVE TO DO A PART 2.

I will skip over philosophy of sex, cuz it was kinda boring.
The teacher said "I don't know why I teach this class, Im so easily embarrassed"
Oh honey.....

But I did meet a fellow feminist. Shes so awesome.
Im sure shes gave a woman some love....




HUMAN SEXUALITY WAS EVERYTHING I WANTED IT TO BE.


So you know how every teacher has you go around and answer your name, your major and your favorite color?

Mona Scott (my human sexuality teacher) writes all that on the board and then says "Oh yeah, and put down a fun sexual fact of your own and also what turns you on. And then your favorite color"

I blurt out, "Isnt that covered in Turn-Ons?"


Im already the class favorite.

She starts talking about masturbation within the first 7 minutes.

Today I learned a man should ejaculate apx. 20 times per month to reduce risk of prostate cancer ans well as increase the ability to maintain an erection as he ages.


Some boy pipes in "Im gonna be so healthy."


I now know what BDSM stands for and what each word means.

This girl asked me "So you are into some BDSM?"
I turned to my instructor and said "Acronyms, what do they mean?"

I know who is a virgin and who is not.

I learned a loooooot of peoples safe words.

My class knows more about me than most of my past boyfriends....


We were asked why we took the class
My answer was:
"I am working towards a bachelor in Family and Human development, with emphases in Sex Education. I could honestly talk about sex all day and its pretty hard to embarrass me."


But let me tell you, admitting to a class of 30 what turns you on is jarring even for me.

Especially cuz i like some weird stuff.
And I wasn't gonna lie to my new friends...



I think what was even weirder is that I couldnt keep up. People would say things and I was like....."That exists?"
Clearly I have A LOT to learn about all things sexy.

As Mona went over the syllabus she said "My end goal is for you to all be as comfortable talking about sex as Britanee is."

Dawwwwwwwwww

The teacher is so incredible. I instantly loved her. I went up to her after class and said "You are so fun". And she said "YOU'RE so fun"
I already know she is going to be like my life mentor. She handles sex in SUCH a comfortable and educated way.

About 4 minutes into the class I thought "I want to teach this class when I grow up. This is a career? I could teach this? My future is gonna be so awesome"


Also there is such a thing as a sexologist?

Sign me up!
I dont even know what it is. But I know my prefixes and suffixes.

IM IN!

It was AWESOME.



Then I went to my gender studies class.

ALSO AWESOME.

There is an assignment to just go watch people in public and see how genders act.
There is another assignment to do something steryotyped to the opposite gender all day long and record the reactions you receive
There is a whole discussion on why men pay on dates.
There is an assignment to define feminism and ask those around you what it means as well.


You guys.
I love it.
Im so excited.
He talked a ton about the media's role in gender stereotypes and I was just like "You are my professor soul mate."
In my head....


I CAN NOT WAIT.



I have never felt like I am MORE where I need to be than I do at this time.


Although, I REALLLY miss Professor Hottie.
mmmmmm




Side note: Today at work I saw a older male customer looking at the jewelry, I went behind the counter and asked "Is there anything you'd like to see" in respect to the Jewelry which is behind glass.
He goes "Yeah." Looks me up and down and finishes with "You in a bikini."

He just happened to catch me on a day full of talking about the objectification of woman...


I honestly just stood there and looked at him thinking "What in the hell prompted you to ever say that to me." I starred at him with my brows furled, genuinely dumb founded that it is acceptable in our society for a stranger to think he could say that to me...

He continued "JUST KIDDING. Lemme see that necklace"




Im gonna be unstoppable by the end of this semester.








No comments:

Post a Comment