Sunday, May 27, 2012

And its not even my birthday (cake cake cake)

Last night was Taylor and my birthday party.


I had been having dreams that it would suck, that people would show up, and i'd feed them like cheese sticks and old cellary because i wasnt prepared.


I had "Host Anxiety"

I cleaned like a maniac, and made cute little lanterns for the back yard


And went out and bought stuff i thought people would eat.

All day I was between excitement and terror that people would judge the generic soda i purchased. 




Anyway, Taylor and i got everything ready and then just chilled till it was party time.

It was awesome, because people came early and right on time, so the party was bumpin from the get go.


Normally, you have the dreaded awkward hour lulll where there is like 2 weirdos....

But we had no lull


There was swimming and a fire pit and trying to roast flat marshmallows. ( You were right, ya piece ah garbage. ) and JUST DANCE  in a huge room with 10 people, and spontaneous huge dance sessions.


Remember how I hate cake.
We are like at the climax of our dance party, and Tayklor goes, its time for cake.

THAT IS WHY I HATE CAKE
you have to stop EVERYTHING so people can gather around and sing you an obligatory song.
However, the group was 90% theater kids, musical theater at that, so I said "This better be the best 'Happy Birthday' of my life" 

So michal builds up a harmoney, and like 26 people harmonize and sing to taylor and I, and then nate riffs the end of it.


For sure, the best 'Happy Birthday' EVER.

My family has a tradition that you blow out the candles in the dark, sotay and i blow them out and its pitch black for a split second, and i see michal lean over my cake and scoop it with her hand, so instincivly i strugglke away from her, but its too late. Michal shoved cake in my face. Just like she will on our wedding day.






It was too fun.

honestly the only problem was i couldn't spend enough time with my friends, cuz there were so many that i had to keep doing the rounds, so i saw each person for just a bit.


Ugh, my life is so hard.


Too many friends.

For real, my street was full of cars.


I felt like I was in the movie mean girls.


And i was one of the mean girls.



But nice.

Around 1, all the girls had left, and it was just Me, Michal, and a ton of fellas.

Awwww yeiiii.

Oh, and then right at the tail end of the party, like 2, my Finace, Joe , shows up and naturally, I make him dinner,and then RIDE HIS MOTORCYCLE. It was a bomb way to end the party.

Joe is so good to me.
We are getting married in 2 weeks.



Recap:
It was way fun.


It turned out super good, and it was nothing like my sad dreams.



However, I can not move my neck, and my right arm is like swollen and bruised....so....



IPARTIEDHARD




No comments:

Post a Comment