Tuesday, May 29, 2012

You shower me with words made of knives

THIS IS MY 80TH POST!
Hurrray!


I wanted to make sure it was super special.


So.
A week ago, while cleaning my room, I stepped on a sliver of glass. I thought i had pried it out.
But every once and a while I could feel it in my foot still.
I ignored it, because it rarely bothered me (due to its placment on my foot)
However, after extensive dancing at my party, my foot was rather bothered, and i couldnt even walk on it the splinter hurt so bad.




I went in to my doctor today  for some scrip refills and (since my splinter had been bothering me less and less) debated whether to ask her about it



However, i went with my best instincts and told her about it.



She looked at it, and said she didnt know if it would work its self out, but she was more than willing to take it out for me.



I asked her if she would use a topical numb


and she said "No,it'll be a needle, and then it will burn a bit"



I relish occasions to grow up in life, so i bit.


We went through with it.


She walked in with all this stuff

She started cleaning my foot and asking me about my family (the normal "Im about to hurt you a lot" small talk)


So then it began.

I told her to warn me before she injected the shmootz and she did.


I instantly covered my eyes as she put the needle in, which didnt hurt at all, however the devil serum she pumped into my foot BURNED LIKE A MOTHER EFFER.

Burn is the wrong word.
It stung.
Like sharp pain stung.
That was the worst part of the whole thing.

I sarted singing "This doesnt hurt at all You are doing a really good-- owww oh my gosh i can feel it holy crap it hurts oppp---not anymore wait yes still hurts i can feel everythingggggggg"

I was singing it.


And then i told her my most entertaining stories.


I told her about every guy of significance that has crossed my path in the last 4 months.

I talked to her like i would talk to my closest friend


"And everyone disproved, so i guess i was kinda trying to hide him. but look where it got me. And then this other guy, i mean, i dont wanna be a hoochie momma so i broke it off, but i guess its not just a thing you say and its over, its a continuous effort to stay platonic and its hard, and then he kissed the top of my  head, you cant kiss a girl on the head, what a piece of garbage" as she slicing my foot open she's nodding and agreeing with me "Yeah girl , i know its hard but you gotta just stay strong. He is not worth it."


Pretty much if you're any guy I've known in the past 4 months, she knows our entire story.


So im chattin away as i can feel her tugging at my skin. It was unpleasant.





Shes my girl.



If i tell her this much during splinter removal, i wonder what i'll tell her during my well woman exam



The whole time i was telling her "Im going to Goodwill after this to reward myself"

When it was over she patted my head and said her goodbyes.



I walked out to the little "check out"
And told the uninvolved nurses "She had to cut my foot open but she numbed it. I told her my life story. Are those dumb-dumbs? Man im so taking one, i deserve it."


And then i went to the Gee-Dubs.



And bought a cute dress.




Sometimes you gotta spoil yourself after you've had your foot sliced open






<3 Summmerrrrtimeeeeeeeee










1 comment:

  1. splinters will do that to a girl-no need for a bartender when you got a doc like that! love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete