Thursday, August 16, 2012

Cuz look at that pape with my face beamin

This very well might make no sense...cuz I'm pretty sure I'm cuttently typing in HTML. This blog is brought you by my phone,so be prepared for lots of typos and weird stuff. I am currently listening to Celtic women with my family as we drive to Las Vegas for my moms birthday. Little known fact,she's a gambler! But she pays me off to keep me uiet, so I don't complain. However no one is paying me to keep quiet about this Celtic music. My goodness. I HATE it. Monday I auditioned for MFY. I felt completely confident in my audition. I entered the room right, I stood on the right side of the piano, I gave the director a headshot of me with a bra on my head,I sang well, I shmoozed well. The one problem was that I had AWFUL availability to the point where I'd miss 4 of 6 shows. I was extremely discouraged and hated that i had to choose between performing and making decent money.(welcome to growing up) First of all, I Havnt even been given an official start date for my new job. BRITANEE YOU JUMPED THE GUN. SHOULDN'T HAVE QUIT YOUR JOB SO SOON ,FREAK. I actually don't regret quiting my job,oddly enough. That's a story for another time. So, I don't even know when I will be working. I try contacting my manerger, and can't get a hold of her. So I have no idea what to do, thinking either way I'm gonna miss out on a great oppritunity. So I'm out of my mind stressed. Litteraly, I could not sleep, I kept waking up worrying about it.for real, chest pains! Cut line a year offf my life Throughout this entire process I'd been asking a lot of advice from my dad. Seriously, that's how I've kept my sanity. I have been so gratefully to have him to turn to, because its the only thing that gives me relief. Side note: Uhm. A lot of people in my neighborhood have been dying....so every night I go to sleep I pray my parents won't die. When we got in the car to road trip, I even asked my dad what I need to do if they die. It was a really sad conversation but its necessary. Anyway,so my dad gives me some solid advice to go for the show,because that's an offer I know is on the table, and then to hash things out with my employer when that comes up. It's terrifying to be risking so much, but I decided to go with it. So I went to callbacks last night knowing I had some heavy competition,but I had a fighting chance. Lemme tell you, call backs were a FIGHT TO THE DEATH. We both knrw we were up against a lot. And we both BROUGHT IT. And I smacked Thor's butt. So it was a good night all around. I go home,awaiting the cast list that decides a lot for me. But it doesn't come. Jere says "go to sleep" I wake up today, no list ,no call. I'm dying to know. This was the first role I've ever had to "fight for"the first time I felt like I really stood on my own. First time I felt like I deserved it. Finally,the cast list is sent to me. Katie and I had been double casted. Fought to the death for nothing ;) Katie is a phenomenal performer and to be anyway close to her league is flattering. After 3 days of so much stress and indecisiveness, I will officialy be playing Alice Miller in MCCs production of My Favorite Year, along side my best friend Nathan, to mention a grip of other close friends. That is if I survive this gnarly desert rain storm I am currently driving through. Or this Celtic women soundtrack. Today, the pharmacist informed me my new insurance doesn't cover my acne face cream and my total was 150$. I literally started screaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment