Friday, December 16, 2011

Your hair is on fire, musta lost your wits...

Im sure your just dying to know all about RENT.


Lemme give it to ya.
It was an awesome experience.
So i wanted to wait to blog about it till it was over. 
And now that the cast list is released i figured i could tell you.






So lets start with auditions on tuesday.


I was wicked scared.


lemme back up.
ok here are my inner motivations for auditioning for rent, and specifically for a main role as opposed to just taking an ensemble role.


People at MCC think im just good for being funny and goofy
Which, come on, I am.
But im also good at dramatic.
Which no body believes round them parts, so i had something to prove
Also.
Im like the black sheep of the family who cant sing like a fricken opera master.
Like i can sing alright.
But compared to the rest of my performing family. 
Im like the june carter of the group
annnnndddd
Rent is one of my all time favorite musicals.
so.




So theres what im carrying into auditions.


I had watched my beyonce videos and gotten my pep talks and i walked in there in my plaid blazer and red high heels and i sang the crap outa that song.


And I did pretty darn well (for me)


Pretty darn well (according to Britanee): Anytime she begins singing in the right place,does not for get the words, sings on key,keeps tempo, or does not break down crying.


So i was really happy with my audition. 
In fact, i came out dancing , like i was fist pumping in the little lobby area to all the people who had to go audition after me and were all nervous.
I was doing that one move where you like thrust and slap the air in front of you back and forth.


It was prettty cool.
pretty sure they all hated me.








So then the next day roles around and I find i was called back for Mimi (who i was going for) and Maureen (a fricken bad ass way to cool and good for me part ) [so i thought]
And i was wicked flattered 
and it was my first call back ever
and i started screaming
and giggling.
and freaking out
and rolling on the ground.


And in my head i was like "all dem haters said i wouldnt make it" and i was pointin to the sky and crypppp walkin.


so .




hahaha




ok.
so then i go to call backs. 
and i had heard there would be a dancing portion and ...its a call back....so i was in tights and a shirt and jazz shoes.


(remember mimi is a coke whore slut mexican ?) [ im not making racial slurs.....she really is....]


Ok.


Well all the other call back girls , 8 excluding mysef, show up in fishnets and boots and tank tops and bras and dresses and all that.
and im like......WELL I GUESS I BETTER TAKE MY HAIR DOWN.




so then add  -"dont have to dress like a slut during call backs to prove you can be sexy as hell." - to my list of things i had to prove.


I did pretty well.
I felt like me and this one guy had pretty good chemistry. When i walked out I was like "remember when we had song sex in there? Was it good for you , cuz it was good for me." and he's like "yeah i was doin work on you" or something sexual back. 


Also i did a booty drop (cant ever go wrong with a booty drop #workwhatyourmommagaveya)


I felt like there were 2 other girls who were competition.


"wow Britanee, you get one callback and suddenly you've got a big head. ugh. im so not reading your blog anymore"




THAS THE BIZZ OK?


where was I?




And i dont have a big head i just call it like  i see it. 


Oh.
Ok so then it was time for Maureen call backs.
And her cold read involved kissing a girl.


And .... I have kissed a girl before.


By choice.
A few times.


Yeah i know shes reading this blog, it was goood gurl. 








anyway.
Oh gosh, i can hear my relatives calling my parents now.
As if i needed anymore reason for my mom to think im a lesbian.


Back to the story.


Point is, I have nothing against 2 girls kissing.
But when i saw i was going to kiss a bunch of girls i didn't know, i was like....oh man.....


and then, the audition music was pretty nuts.
Vocally, i felt i couldn't do it.
and Maureen shows her bum-bum (this sucker is my pride and joy, and you gotta pay more then 10 bucks a pop to get a look, mmmmkay. Unless you done that grounnnnnddddwork) 
#whyamisoghettotoday?


I think i was secretly really scared and so my body just made up all of thees reasons.
But anyway, i went in there because i love Jere ( the director) and i was like "im not going to let him down, and if he see's this potential in me than so should I."


And so i sung Over the Moon with all the Maureens auditioning, and Jere ran up and said something to me and i was like "oh, i dont want maureen as much as i want mimi." and then he ran back to his little desk.


And then i thought of me singing that song.
And i was like "icantdothisicantdothisicantdothis" (i secretly have really low self esteem i just act like i dont, and for some reason those 2 days I had like super women confidence and i guess it ran out during the Maureen auditions.)


And so i went up to Jer-bear and said "do you really want me here ? Cuz im only here so you dont black list me." 
And he's all "Get the hell outa here!"


#lovelovelovelove




So i left.


And then i went home and showered and over evaluated everything and beat myself up for backing out and reverting to my old ways of being a coward and insulting Jere by thinking i knew better than he did.


So.
That part was rough.


But.......i got over it.


Then i went and saw The Sitter with josh, and it was ok.
And right as the movie is ending Josh gets a call from Jere


Here is the thing about Jere.


When i dont answer my phone.
He calls every possible person i could be with.


It always breaks the other persons heart
 but it warms mine.


And josh was like "oh jere is calling me, but i cant answer"




and im like "OH MY GOSH HE'S TRYING TO GET A HOLD OF ME!"
hahaha
So i run out of the movie
and i call him back.




Here is where i have to


 (HOLY CRAP THIS IS A LONGGGG BLOG POST. FEEL FREE TO TAKE A BREAK. CHEESE AND RICE.) 


SIDE NOTE: I HAVE A NEW FAVORITE CUSS WORD (APPARENTLY) AND ITS REALLY BAD. LIKE A YEAR AGO, I WOULD NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER SAY THIS WORD AS A BAD WORD. BUT NOW ITS ALL I SAY. #need to stop)


censor myself a bit, because...i dont know who exactly reads this blog. and i need to be professional. and grow up a little bit. 
So i cant tell you the WHOLE story.




But i cant tell you I am Mimi's understudy.




So you can come see me March 8th as Mimi.




And i will blow your mind.
And you will get so hot and bothered.




so there is that.

At first i was like "man. I worked so hard. and im just an understudy."
And then like 5 seconds later i was  like "HOLY ********* **** ****!***** ******** ****%**** ********* $****** ***** **** ******** ********** **********  ****** *****@****** i AM  MIMI foronenight"




Typical girl post, way more information than you needed.


But we had fun along the way, yeah ?






Guys. I wish i could tell you the whole story.




I guess I will just have to tell you in person.




"BRITANEE YOUR SO SNEAKY IN YOUR BLOG , UGH."




THATS THE BIZZ.




so thats basically all i have to  tell you.


I got really good grades.
All A's


however Im not singed up for any classes for next semester yet...sooo.




I have to go clean now.
Cuz the ward Christmas party is tomorrow and we are cooking a bunch of food here.


DANG.


but i love me some CHURCH PARTY FOOD.




ok.


I love you lots.




Things are good.
I hope they are for you too.


BYE.











1 comment:

  1. wow Britanee, you get one callback and suddenly you've got a big head. ugh. im so not reading your blog anymore

    ReplyDelete